Moving Tips From TEAM MIZRAHI
Moving day is coming, and with all the excitement involved, stress is also taking place. So what can you do to minimize the stress on you and your family? We have the prefect list for you! Here are some tips, from years of experience.
1. Send your change of address to:
- Post Office
2. Take pictures of valuable items before the move just in case you need to provide proof for damage later.
3. Packing material:
- Folded boxes – different sizes, and special ones for screens and other fragile things
- Scissors/ box cutter
- Bubble wrap
4. Label boxes clearly so you will be able to readily identify them after the move. Labels should include the room the box goes to, and the name of the person whose items are in the box.
5. Create accounts or transfer funds or from your bank account to the area in which you will be living, if necessary.
6. Gather copies of important papers and documents (passport, visa, medical records, prescriptions, etc) make sure to take them with you and not to send them with the moving company.
7. Inform your children’s schools about the move and ask them to transfer school records and transcripts.
8. Get your children’s rooms set up first to make them most comfortable.
9. Be sure to have plenty of water, healthy snacks and some toys/games to keep the children occupied during the unpacking.
10. Order/transfer your Internet/ Wi-Fi service ahead of time, so you’ll have it as soon as you come in (for work, TV, etc.)
Always here for you, for all your real estate needs.
Please feel free to contact us at (650) 949-8173/ Agents@TeamMizrahi.com
Dafna Mizrahi & Tina Kyriakis
REALTOR, ePro, Seniors R.E. Specialist, Probate Specialist
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage